2. Apply 3-5 drops of Discoloration Defense onto the palm of your hand, rubbing hands together.
3. Gently press fingertips to your face, neck and chest to evenly distribute serum.
4. Massage into skin in small, circular motions.
Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals mineral sunscreen. Limit sun exposure while using this product. Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
3% Tranexamic Acid: This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid: Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
5% Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
5% HEPES: This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
Everyday elements—including UV exposure, prescription drugs, and some professional treatments—can trigger production of melanin in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers. This excess melanin rises to the surface of the skin, causing visible skin discoloration. Discoloration can manifest in a range of ways, including post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches on the cheekbones, forehead, and upper lip.
• 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches
• 20% reduction in post-blemish marks as quickly as 2 weeks.
Discoloration Defense has clinically demonstrated improvement at 12 weeks:
• 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-blemish marks
• 59% average improvement in the appearance of discoloration
• 60% average reduction in the appearance of reoccuring discoloration